Friday, September 7, 2012

Where the funny meets the road...




Starting my class for the first time all of the normal things run through my head when I'm about to walk in front of a group; did I remember everything I need for class? Did I zip my pants? Do I have a bugger hanging? All normal right? 

I begin with what I felt was a normal request..."Let’s go around the room and tell me who you and what you hope to gain out of this class." At first I get the range of normal responses..."I want to learn more so I can better position myself to move into an industry that shows growth..." blah blah blah. By the third person I suddenly regret asking the question. Then I get to the last student. His response made it all worthwhile..."I hope to learn a more technical skill that will advance me into a higher paying career and move me beyond the hell I currently know, which is stocking the feminine hygiene isle at Wal-mart." Naturally the whole class lost it. My response..."Well you sound like a goal oriented person...welcome to the class!"

It doesn’t end there. This week the same guy comes into class 15 minutes late, looks like he just rolled about of bed. As he shuffles to his seat big gulp in hand he speaks up and says, “Sorry for being late sir....I thought I had plenty of time, but she wanted to cuddle afterwards and you know how chics dig cuddling."

I might have met my match with this guy, but nonetheless he is funny and has no problem telling you what he really thinks. He has a bright future!

Hang onto something...I'm sure we're moments away from fart and boob jokes with this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment